Place and time
Lomonosova St. 9, ITMO University, room 1220.
The event starts at 9am.
ITMO University's Academic Writing Lab and Regional English Language Office invite you to participate in "Hands on Academic Writing!", a day-long academic writing event to be held at ITMO on August 26.
The event's program includes a range of workshops and a round-table discussion, which will be devoted to different practices of teaching academic writing and developing teaching materials. You will learn how to implement international academic writing culture in English language courses, create tasks for language contests, and master academic writing skills. You will also have the opportunity to network with your colleagues in the field and exchange your ideas and experience to inspire yourself for the new academic year to come.
The event's working language is English.
The program of the event:
09.00 – 10.00 Morning coffee-&-cookies socializing
10.00 – 10.30 Welcome address
10.30 – 13.30 Developing Materials for Written Parts of Language Competitions and Olympiads. Guest speaker: Aida Rodomanchenko, Higher School of Economics, Moscow
13.30 – 14.30 Lunch
14.30 – 15.15 Workshops:
- Non-Evaluative Assessment in Academic Writing Practices. Iuliia Sazanovich, ITMO University
- Partnership in Academic Writing. Inna Anokhina, ITMO University
- Academic Writing: Emotionally Intelligent? Yulia Ryabukhina, ITMO University
- Teaching a Course on Academic Writing: Obstacles and Challenges. Nina Tishukova, ITMO University
15.15 – 16.00 Round-table discussion "Writer’s Block: Teachers' and Students' Challenges"
16.00 Awarding of certificates
Please register by submitting your application here.
ParticipantsEnglish language teachers are invited to participate.
- ITMO University's Academic Writing Lab
- Regional English Language Office