Place and timeOnline
Do you have a technology-based project (IT/ MOBILE/INTERNET) or you simply desire to experience working with an international project development team this summer? If yes, welcome to SumIT+InnoCamp!
Discover the best entrepreneurial practices in technology at our International Summer Startup School (SumIT), held jointly with the international student camp Innocamp (StartupConnect Russian-Finnish cross-border cooperation project). The school will take place online on August 17-28, 2020.
We are seeking entrepreneurial students – international as well as Russian – with diverse professional backgrounds (IT, economics, design etc.) since the projects will require both skill sets – technical expertise and business knowledge. We are also glad to welcome students from other technical backgrounds (biotech, optics, etc.) with startup ideas or wanting to gain new knowledge in starting and developing a business project.
During the intensive two-week virtual (online) program, you will work in groups of three to four participants/members (together with students of XAMK University, Finland) and attend webinars and virtual tours of St. Petersburg’s entrepreneurial infrastructure. The entire program will be moderated in English.
- The entire program is held in English
- Projects are carried out with the help of experienced mentors
- Workshops by professionals in IT, mobile, internet and business development fields
- Webinars and meetings with guest speakers and experts
- Each team is accompanied by a tracker, whose role is to provide help, support and feedback
- Final project pitching on Demo Day to potential investors and corporates
Participation is free of charge.
Applications are accepted until August 1, 2020. Please register here to participate.
More information is available on the school's website. Please also see below for the school's program.
- Students with business ideas or a dream to develop IT startups;
- Students who would like to gain some experience in working as part of a startup team;
- Startup leaders/entrepreneurs looking to acquire new contacts and test-drive their product or idea in the Russian market
are invited to apply.
- Kotka-Hamina Regional Development Company Cursor Oy
- ITMO University
- St. Petersburg Foundation for Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise Development
- South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Sciences