Place and timeThe course will run online.Tuesday: 10 - 11.30 amThursday: 11 am - 2.10 pm
From October 6 to November 12, the Climate Change as Seen by a Scientist and a Journalist online course will be held for ITMO University students and staff.
For six weeks, Olga Dobrovidova (ITMO, Skoltech), scientific communicator, and Aleksey Ekaikin (AARI, SPbU), climatologist, will talk about:
- how and why the Earth's climate is changing;
- what is the risk of climate change for Russia and the world;
- why texts about climate are written in a particular way;
- who came up with the idea of replacing "global warming" with "climate change", and "climate change" – with "climate crisis", and why it is needed.
Classes will be held twice a week on Zoom:
- Tuesday: 10 - 11.30 am
- Thursday: 11 am - 2.10 pm
Students who successfully complete this six-week course will receive a Certificate of Completion.Registration for the course and syllabus are available here.