Place and time
The course will be held via Zoom
From April 23 to June 4: on Fridays at 7 pm (UTC +3)
Planning to apply for the Master’s program in Art & Science at ITMO? Do you want to learn more about the program, prepare for entrance exams, and boost your English?
With the Art & Science Premasters course starting on April 23, you will acquire a true student experience before your actual admission.
The course includes lectures and workshops in English and will take place on Fridays at 7 pm (UTC +3) via Zoom. You’ll study the key topics from the list of entrance exam questions, learn more about science art and the technologies used by artists in their work, as well as explore the field from the philosophical, social, and cultural perspectives.
- April 23: What's Art & Science? History and Key Concepts;
- April 30: Art & Technology Through the Philosophical Prism of the 20th and 21st Centuries;
- May 7: Postmodernism and Poststructuralism;
- May 14: Understanding Media (Marshall McLuhan). Information Society;
- May 21: Object-Oriented Philosophy and Posthumanism;
- May 28: Politics of Тature (Bruno Latour). Environmentalism in Art;
- June 4: Art + Кobotics, AI, Biotechnology, Video, and Sound.
The course lecturer is Lina Kipriushina, the coordinator of the Art & Science Master's program at ITMO University.
9 out of 22 students admitted into the program in 2020 have completed the Art & Science Premasters course.
The application deadline is April 20 (23:59, UTC +3).
If you’d like to join the course, sign up here. You will receive training materials and a link to the Zoom meeting.
See you at the Art & Science Premasters course!
Lina Kipriushina, the coordinator of the Art & Science Master's program at ITMO University