Place and timeThe conference will run online
The 10th International Young Scientists Conference in Computational Science (YSC 2021) will take place from June 28 to July 2, 2021.
To participate in the conference, you need to present the results of your research, project, or solution to a specific problem connected with the conference’s theme. The selected articles will be published in a special issue of Procedia Computer Science indexed by Scopus.
The program committee accepts papers on computing, cognitive, and information technologies, as well as the following topics:
- Modeling and Simulation of Complex Systems;
- Big Data and Data-intensive Applications;
- Machine Learning and Cognitive Information Technologies;
- Problem Solving Environments;
- Parallel and Distributed Computing Architectures and Systems;
- Visualization, VR & AR in Computational Science;
- High-Performance Data Analytics and Convergence with HPC.
This conference is a great chance for young scientists not only to demonstrate their achievements in cutting-edge fields and get noticed by more experienced mentors but also to attend an online course with world-renowned specialists. The keynote speakers are Alexander Boukhanovsky (ITMO University, Russia), Alfons Hoekstra (the University of Amsterdam, the Netherlands), George Kampis (Eotvos Lorand University, Hungary), Shahab Shamshirband (National Yunlin University of Science and Technology, Taiwan), Joao Pedro de Magalhaes (the University of Liverpool, the UK), and Janusz Holyst (Warsaw University of Technology, Poland).
The conference’s program includes discussions of achievements and articles presented by YSC 2021 participants, lectures, and an intensive school. The school aims to improve the skills of participants in the field of best practices in data, analytics, and modeling, as well as give them the opportunity for close interaction and teamwork.
Participants of the school will enjoy a series of workshops and work on joint projects under the supervision of experienced mentors. As a result, the board of experts will select the three best teams that will receive awards.
The conference offers several types of participation. Young researchers can present their article at the conference or, conversely, sign up for a practical course, or they can take advantage of all options at once.
- April 25, 2021: paper submission deadline;
- May 28, 2021: notification of acceptance;
- June 18, 2021: school registration deadline;
- June 28 - July 2, 2021: online conference.
- ITMO’s National Center for Cognitive Research
- The University of Crete
- Foundation for Research and Technology – Hellas