Place and time
On August 19-30, 2019, ITMO University will host the international summer startup school SumIT 2019.
SumIT is a progressive educational and mentoring program based on the best practices in technological entrepreneurship for IT / MOBILE / INTERNET projects interested in entering the Russian and global markets. The program is organized by ITMO University, one of Russia's leading higher education institutions providing training and research in advanced science, humanities, engineering, and technology.
- the program is held entirely in English;
- participants conduct projects with the help of experienced mentors (6h/day);
- classes by professionals in the fields of IT, mobile apps, internet and marketing (2h/day);
- workshops and meetings with invited speakers and experts (2h/day);
- final project pitching on Demo Day with investors and corporates.
The working process:
- teamwork in teams of three to four people – most effective for developing ideas;
- generation of ideas – help inspire yourself;
- international community and networking – a productive environment for gaining new information and ideas;
- teambuilding – the secret weapon of every entrepreneur.
- B2C and B2B in Russia, Europe, the Middle East, and Asia;
- Russian IT, mobile, internet market;
- startup promotion on the Russian market;
- investment opportunities for a startup in Russia.
- economic metrics in startup projects;
- basics of financial planning;
- PR communication for startups;
- pitch deck;
- public speaking.
Demo Day pitching session on August 30:
- show your work results;
- acquire valuable contacts;
- raise investment for your project from angels and VCs.
Fees: €900 per one participant. The fee includes: accommodation, educational program, cultural program, and coffee breaks during the working process.
Registration deadline is August 13.
Registration and more information about the program is available on its official website.
ParticipantsEveryone is invited to participate.
The program's website