Place and time
Birzhevaya Liniya 14, ITMO University's Entrepreneurship Center, coworking (room 611).
October 14 from 6.30 to 9pm.
ITMO University's Entrepreneurship Center invites everyone to attend the open lecture "From Starting Up to Upscaling. How to Switch from Launch to Growth Mode", which will be given by Faris Alami, an American expert on education and startup consulting, on October 14.
Faris Alami's experience in the field includes working with local and global organizations such as NGOs, 5-star hotels, marketing companies and retail chains. Under his management, one client company experienced a 1,300% increase in membership. Another reduced product returns by 58%, and a third company cut employee turnover by 92%. Working with several business incubators, Mr Alami managed over 100 start-ups. Faris Alami is a certified FastTrac Facilitator for Kauffman Foundation in their internationally recognized Entrepreneurial Training program. He also facilitates a Global Trade Mission program for high schools students, in which they learn how to launch a global technology company. Mr Alami also mentors University of Michigan MBA students and serves on the board of several organizations.
The expert's lecture at ITMO University will cover the following topics:
- When does a startup become a growing company?
- How to determine whether your business is ready for upscaling?
- What is the main goal of your business?
- How to identify the key strong points of your business?
- Which marketing channels can give you the maximal ROI?
- How to assemble a team that would allow you to successfully bring your ideas to life?
- How to acquire the funds needed for upscaling?
- How to synchronize your upscaling efforts with operational activities?
Free admission on condition of registering in advance.