Place and timeLomonosova 9, room 1120, ITMO University; registration starts at 9am
On January 29, 2020, ITMO University hosts the International Research and Technical Conference "Global Warming – Challenge For the Refrigeration Industry. Prospects and Consequences".
Discussed at the conference will be the following topics:
- pressing energy and environmental issues and the Paris Climate Summit;
- sustainable and environmentally friendly refrigerants, the Kigali Amendment, global development trends and strategies; refrigerant consumption; flammable refrigerants;
- Arctic and Antarctic demand; Arctic ice and its impact on global warming;
- the North and global warming; soil freezing and thermal stabilization; permafrost degradation;
- renewable energy sources, hybrid schemes, heat pumps, bioenergy;
- carbon dioxide transcritical cycles;
- sustainable environmental solutions for cooling data centers;
- heat pipes and their applications;
- energy-efficient technologies for producing high-quality ice in indoor ice rinks;
- cogeneration and trigeneration;
- advantages and challenges of selling ammonia and hydrocarbon refrigeration units;
- materials with magnetocaloric effect;
- energy-saving low-temperature energy systems;
- traditional and non-traditional problems of thermal physics; properties of working substances; heat transfer intensification problems; nanostructured materials;
- cold supply systems, container refrigeration centers, eco-trailers; marine refrigerated fleet;
- refrigeration technologies for conservation of biodiversity of the fauna of the Earth.
To participate in the conference, send your application at email@example.com before January 15, 2020.
Participation in the conference is free of charge.
The reports presented at the conference will be recommended for publication in such journals as “Bulletin of the International Academy of Refrigeration”, “Refrigeration Engineering”, “Empire of the Cold”, as well as on the Refportal Internet resource.
ParticipantsEveryone interested is invited to participate.
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation
- RAS National Committee for Thermophysical Properties of Substances
- ITMO University
- International Academy of Refrigeration
- RAS working group "Properties of Refrigerants and Coolants"
Yury Laptev, the Faculty of Cryogenic Engineering
Phone: +7 (812) 571 69 12, +7 (812) 571 56 89, +7 (911) 284 21 91