Place and time
The event will be held online
From 12 to 4 pm
The Grounding Art & Science Conference dedicated to World Soil Day will take place online on December 5.
World Soil Day (WSD) is held annually on December 5 to focus attention on the importance of healthy soil and advocate for sustainable management of soil resources. On this occasion, Art & Science artists and curators, as well as representatives of the Dokuchaev Central Soil Museum will discuss the potential for synergy between scientists and artists and ways of introducing art objects into science museums.
- Dmitry Bulatov, an artist, art theorist, and curator at the National Center for Contemporary Art (NCCA);
- Daria Mille, a curator and researcher at the ZKM Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe (Karlsruhe, Germany);
- Daria Parkhomenko, a curator and founder of LABORATORIA Art & Science Space (Moscow);
- Olga Remneva, an art historian, curator, and author of the first PhD thesis on Art & Science in Russia;
- Elena Sukhacheva, head of the Dokuchaev Central Soil Museum;
- Anastasya Kizilova, a researcher, artist, and science fiction writer;
- Alena Koroleva, an artist, graduate of ITMO's Art & Science program, and member of the BIOROBOTY art community.