Place and timeThe school will be held online
The call for applications for PM School 2020 is open till January 11, 2021.
Participants of the school will acquire in-depth knowledge and practical skills in the field of project creation and management that will potentially increase both the number and quality of innovative projects, as well as external funding for the university.
In nine weeks, students will learn to create and launch projects using the methods of project cycle management (PCM) and logical framework approach (LFA).
The course will be conducted entirely in English and will include:
- video lectures by project management experts;
- Zoom meetings with coaches;
- group work on cases;
- progress testing.
The main topics:
- Project cycle management. Monitoring and evaluation. Review of development strategies for Russia, St. Petersburg, and ITMO University. Team building. Presentation of project ideas;
- Sources of project financing. Presentation of funding opportunities for case studies;
- Defining project goals. Issue trees;
- Objective trees. Strategy trees. Identification of interested parties (target groups and beneficiaries);
- Logical framework matrix and its relationship to the strategy tree. Project activities, resources, and costs. Objectively verifiable project results;
- Terms of project implementation. Gantt charts. Project groups. Project management bodies. Project budget;
- Project sustainability. Foundation. Visibility. Internal and external communications;
- Introduction to Agile and SCRUM.
Participation in the school is free of charge (based on the results of competitive selection). The number of participants is limited.
The application deadline is January 11, 2021. Sign up for the school here.