For the ninth time, ITMO University participates in the Japanese-Russian youth exchange program. This year, 20 Russian students from three universities - ITMO University, Moscow State University and St. Petersburg State University - will take part in the exchange program. On the Japanese side, 20 students from more than ten universities, including Tokyo, Kyoto and Osaka universities, will also participate in the exchange.
The trip of Russian students will be held from August 20 to 28, 2018:
- departure from Russia to Kansai International Airport, Osaka, August 19, route: Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and Nagasaki;
- flight to Russia from Narita Airport, Tokyo, August 28.
- The visit of Japanese students to St. Petersburg will take place on September 16-19, 2018.
The program for students of Japanese universities in St. Petersburg in September 2018 is paid by the Japanese side.
An obligatory requirement for applicants for a trip to Japan is the opportunity to host in their family from 16 to 19 September 2018, two Japanese students. Accommodation in the family is not paid by the Japanese side.
To participate in the contest it is necessary to submit an application by e-mail, which must include the following documents:
Statement signed personally by the student and the department head;
- Motivation letter in English, talking about the motivation and expectations from participating in the exchange program;
- Certificate of knowledge of English: a level of at least B2 (IELTS, TOEFL, if any). If there is no certificate, then you can sign up for a free test at the link. The testing is carried out by the Foreign Language Center of the University of ITMO (9 Lomonosov St., office 2139);
- Scan-copy of the first page of the passport.
The host party covers accommodation (in hotels and in Japanese families), meals, travel through the territory of Japan, including domestic flights. Students pay travel to Japan and back, medical insurance. Visa is issued free of charge.
Applications are accepted until May 14, 2018 inclusive. The results of the contest will be sent to the applicant's email no later than May 15, 2018.
See the full program.
Olga Ovsjannikova, head of Academic Mobility Department