The Congress was held on 27—28 of November 2013 on the basis of National Mineral Resource University (University of Mines).
The aim of the Congress is to strengthen the position of St. Petersburg as a major center of vocational training, science and innovation; convergence of education, science and business community in matters of professional training, research, innovation policy.
The theme of the Congress is the development and mutual integration of vocational education, research complex and the real economy.
The Schedule of the Congress:
27 of November: round tables, which will be held in different universities of St. Petersburg on the following themes of the Congress.
1. Optimization of the system of vocational education to meet the needs of the labor market and the reproduction of highly qualified personnel (St. Petersburg State University of Aerospace Instrumentation).
2. Ways of creating the conditions for a breakthrough in the priority areas of basic and applied science (National Mineral Resource University (University of Mines)).
3. Scientific support of the educational process in university (St. Petersburg State University of Technology and Design).
4. Activation of universities in scientific support of modernization of the Russian economy (National Mineral Resource University (University of Mines)).
5. Improving of the competitiveness of universities in modern conditions and adaptation to international standards (St. Petersburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics)
6. International integration and cooperation in the field of vocational education (St. Petersburg State University of Economics).
7. Problems and prospects of psycho-pedagogical training and certification of teachers of modern university (Herzen State Pedagogical University).
8. Collegiate Athletic Organization and new approaches to ensure the health of students (Lesgaft National State University of Physical Culture, Sport & Health).
9. Youth debating club: «The role of youth clubs and student councils in the formation and development of a unified scientific and innovative educational environment» (Herzen State Pedagogical University).
The round table «Improving the competitiveness of universities in modern conditions and adaptation to international standards» will be held on 27 of November 2013 at the E-Learning Center of University ITMO (49, Kronverkskiy Prospect (entrance is from the Sytninskaya street)). Beginning is at 10 am.
28 of November: the plenary session (moderators of round tables will present their reports on the results of the first day of the Congress, the discussing of proposals of roundtable participants will be held, a final decision of the Congress will be made)
Information about moderators, start time and venues of roundtables in these universities will be presented later in the program of the Congress.